Yesterday after getting back the results from the tests that Caleb had been through, the decision was made to send him home from the hospital. He was definitely ready emotionally and mentally - five days of hospital life was enough!
But...the physical problem has not been solved. We do feel confident that they are moving towards a solution though, and will meet with the doctors there again on April 10th for more results of tests being run, and hopefully a treatment plan.
In the meantime...there is still the issue of pain. Last night as I was praying with Claire, Caleb burst into her room with a terrified look on his face. He was having one of the "episodes" of pain (most likely the intestines were telescoping at that moment) and it was the worst so far. It took about a half hour for the pain to subside, and even more time for him to recover. It was a hard moment for him, and for me.
If you were to see him during the day, you probably wouldn't know the level of pain he's in. While he's in discomfort during daytime hours, he smiles, laughs, plays his bass and saxophone, engages in conversation, etc. But it's at night when it often becomes unbearable.
For now he's just taking a probiotic as we wait for the results of lab tests next week. He's going to try and engage in life/school as much as he can - kind of helps to take his mind off the pain. But it's not fun to go through life with it. Pray that God will help him to endure, and even thrive in some ways, during this time.