Here it is the day before Thanksgiving...a good day to write an update on my thousand gift journey! If I don't keep up with this, it will take me years to write a thousand! Oh well...here are the latest twenty five!
- Little snowflakes falling outside my office window
- A new Christmas music CD sent by a friend, playing bright and cheery while I write
- Soup for dinner from Sharon last night - thank you!
- JV friends from various countries who are driving even now to join us at Malenovice for Thanksgiving
- A sweet phone call with my parents and parent in-laws yesterday
- Crackling fire in the fireplace, the smell of wood tickling my nose
- A new gray sweater I got in the States that just feels right when I have it on
- The gift of having been able to join Dave for the last 2x3 Vision night in Chicago
- Pumpkin lattes at Starbucks while I was there...mmmmmmmm
- My sister-in-law Kristi who brightens my day when she calls
- Caleb's pain down to nearly zero
- Wonderful time of prayer with Dave last night
- My new green and brown leather Bible - makes me want to read it!
- The thought of making pumpkin pies with Claire later this afternoon
- Friends to laugh with
- Dave's persistence in getting the water pump fixed!
- Feeling snug and safe in my car now that the snow tires are on
- The sound of Caleb walking in the door from school and greeting Lily downstairs
- Cheddar cheese...if I had to choose one food to live on, this would probably be it!
- Albert, the little grocery store in town that has just about everything I need - never fails to make me happy when I go there and find just what I was looking for
- Harvest Spice coffee that I picked up in the States...yummy!
- The Christmas tree display downtown Chicago at the Museum of Science and Industry - gorgeous!
- The Geneva House - a house in the Wheaton area for JV missionaries. Such a blessing!
- Studying minerals with Claire last night...thankful that I don't have to take the test, though I learned some things!
- My dear husband who adores me! Who doesn't love that??!!
Hey, I'm thankful for my sister:)ReplyDelete
And I'm thankful for YOU too!ReplyDelete
A new green and brown Bible? Is it leather and is in sections/square of brown and green on the cover? If it is, then it's the exact same one I got in September!! Wouldn't that be crazy if it was the same?! Yet unlike you, I'm having a hard time getting used to my new one...I keep defaulting back to my old black one with all my underlines and history over the last decade! But either way, it's cool that we both love the Word!
Not sure how I missed this post but was just getting caught up and noticed it.... I LOVE that I made your list! And I'm thankful to connected to you in so many ways.ReplyDelete