Really...I can't believe it's been two months since I updated my blog! What happened??? Oh...about a zillion things (including an unexpected week in the States for me due to that crazy volcano in Iceland!). Such is life!
We are in the middle of our JV spring staff conference right now, having an absolute blast with our staff. Wish I had pictures to show...maybe later!
One of the biggest pieces of news that is perhaps why you're taking a look at my blog, is to find out about Dave's upcoming open heart surgery. Here is what we know right now:
- He needs his mitral valve repaired
- He will have the surgery here in the Czech Republic at a top hospital that specializes in this surgery
- He has a meeting on Monday, May 10th, with the surgeon.
- Right now surgery is scheduled for May 17th, but we're hoping it will be moved up a few days...would like to get it done as soon as possible.
- He's much more tired than usual (has to nap every day), but still able to be engaged in life...in fact, he's been teaching at our JV conference this week.
- We are peaceful about this very unexpected turn in our lives...believe the Lord has good in this for us.
- Tyler arrives home on the 15th from his freshmen year at Moody Bible Institute so will be with us for some portion, if not all, of this important event in Dave's life. He leaves on the 26th for JV summer intern training and will be gone the rest of the summer.
Thank you for praying for us! God knows what He's doing and this comes as no surprise to Him, even if it does to us!
Will be more diligent about updating my blog in the coming days!