|Visiting me in Germany, shortly after we were married|
That's one of my favorite things to say to my dad because really, he has been the best dad in the whole world...to me!
|At my mom and dad's house in Seattle when Tyler was little!|
There are so many things my dad has given to me in the past 50+ years...but here's ten of my favorite gifts from him.
|With my dad in Oregon|
1. His presence - my dad is the best "hang around" person that I know! And when he's hanging around, he really gives himself. I like that a lot.
2. His joy in the little things - I think that's where I got it from!
3. How he celebrates and enjoys people - my dad can find the good in just about anybody!
4. His words - nobody gives a compliment like my dad! He's so sincere and gives them generously.
5. His love for me, and for my family - not only was and is he a great dad, but he's an amazing "Bapa" (as my kids call him!)
6. His ability to work hard - my dad is truly one of the hardest working people I know!
7. His love for the Lord - I love that my dad will talk to anybody about God, and imparts such godly wisdom.
8. His love and adoration of my mom - truly one of his best gifts to me! He loves my mom like crazy and they've been married for over fifty years!
9. How he made our family his "hobby" - growing up with my dad was an amazing privilege because I always knew we were "first" in his life.
10. How sacrificial he is - not just to me, but to so many other people all through the years. I have been blessed by his example of putting others first.
I love my dad!!! I'll call him later on today and tell him that. But I just wanted to put it out there publicly to say that I really do have the best dad in the whole world!